Medical Director - Rare Diseases
ProClinical has partnered with an international pharmaceutical company that focuses on developing treatments for orphan diseases. The company is offering an exciting Medical Director of Rare Diseases vacancy, based with the company's team in Germany. This role is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join a growing and innovative pharmaceutical company.
The Medical Director will provide strategic and operational leadership to the company's Medical Affairs function and support marketed and pipeline products. They will be responsible for adapting global and regional medical affairs strategies to ensure that they are fit for purpose at the local and regional levels. They will also support and represent the company to key opinion leaders (KOLs), clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organisations within their region. They will address the specific needs of these clients by responding to unsolicited requests for information about PTC marketed and developing products.
As the clinical and medical expect on company products, the Medical Director will build long term relationships and establish rapports with clinicians in hospitals and academic centres through highly scientific product and disease state discussions; these will support or expand therapeutic concepts and ensure safe and effective utilisation of products.
Finally, the Medical Director will work cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on Medical Affairs related issues. They will ensure adherence to relevant regulatory requirements and company Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate.
- Adapting and influencing the regional, country, and global medical affairs strategy required in their domain of responsibility.
- Interacting with local authorities, local KOLs and payors, patient organisations, and other external stakeholders.
- Ensuring the execution of medical affairs strategy, building and maintaining trusted medical/scientific relationships with health community stakeholders.
- Collaborating with Marketing to ensure that the local strategic medical affairs plans are in line with the marketing plans/brand strategies.
- Driving the tactical implementation of medical affairs plans across the country, including, but not limited to, KOL development, relationship building, as well as the building of the scientific community, and accuracy and compliance to local regulation and codes of practice.
- Managing and directing medical information process and service in close collaboration with other functions in medical affairs.
- Identifying local thought leaders, engaging in scientific exchanges, and developing rapports with experts in the therapeutic area.
- Identifying, organising, and carrying out regional medical initiatives (I.e., leading medical discussions at national advisory board meetings).
- Providing training and scientific education to commercial, medical teams, and other internal stakeholders.
- Providing support in the administration of clinical trials on request by Clinical Development teams; collaborating and supporting other departments, especially Regulatory Affairs and Pharmacovigilance.
- Representing Global Medical Affairs at local, regional, and international scientific congresses.
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring direct reports (if applicable).
- Participating in the medic on call rota (3rd line back up for medical information enquiries).
- Performing other tasks and assignment as needed and specified by management.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Medical Degree.
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible, relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related environment; at least 5 of these years must have been in a medical affairs role.
- Prior clinical practice experience.
- Demonstrable experience supporting the registration and launch of an orphan, rare disease, and/or specialised drug in the region/country of responsibility.
- Demonstrable experience working with KOLs, clinicians, HCPs, payors, and/or academic institutions establishing/maintaining relationships and scientific/medical credibility.
- Experience in interpreting scientific data and presenting research information to scientists and HCPs.
- Experience with interacting with patient organisations at the local level.
- Excellent working knowledge in local regulations and codes of practice.
- An ability to influence and persuade without direct authority.
- Solid knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements in Germany.
- Proficiency in computer software systems, such as MS Office.
- Excellent communication, presentation, persuasion, and general interpersonal skills are essential.
- A thorough understanding of clinical research.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and persuade across different levels.
- An ability to handle many tasks, and setting shifting and competing priorities.
- A creative and analytical approach to work, with a focus on detail and accuracy.
- Excellent spoken and written English and German skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 824 6104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
€0.00 - €80000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Medical Officer position with a leading CRO
ProClinical is partnering with an internationally renowned pharmaceutical company
€0.00 - €100000.00 per annum
ProClinical is pleased to advertise a highly lucrative vacancy for an Medical Project Manager, Medical Affairs to join a join a global biopharmaceutical company,
£0.00 - £130000 per annum
München (81249), Bayern
ProClinical is pleased to advertise a highly lucrative vacancy for an MSL Team Lead to join a join a global biopharmaceutical company