Manager (Snr Scientist), USP Development
ProClinical is partnering with a global healthcare company to advertise a vacancy for a Manager Senior Scientist, USP Development position. The organisation specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion, and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services have been used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. Based in Switzerland, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company.
- Helping set up and run an upstream process (USP) development laboratory, including vendor selection, equipment purchase, and installation.
- Assuming a leading role in the planning and execution of USP process development and characterization studies.
- Authoring, reviewing, editing, and approving internal protocols/reports, documents, external presentations, and manuscripts.
- Using the most appropriate experimental design (including DoE) and problem solving methods to achieve biosimilarity within the pre-defined analytical ranges.
- Representing Upstream Process Development at cross functional meetings.
- Leading USP tech transfer activities for handover and scale up of projects to external GMP manufacturing sites.
- Coaching, mentoring, and providing technical guidance to scientists and technicians.
- Building strong relationships and a collaborative network with cross functional teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree: PhD or BSc in biotech process sciences or similar field.
- Fluency in English essential, French would be an asset.
- Minimum 6 years' experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars Industry with demonstrated track record in Upstream processing for biologics (specifically mammalian cell culture).
- Strong technical and scientific expertise across the Upstream development spectrum including process development, scale up, tech transfer, and process characterization.
- Experience with high throughput USP laboratory equipment, use of DoE and Six Sigma techniques would be desirable.
- Experience in evaluation and implementation of new technologies are desirable but not essential.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific data obtained at different stages of development.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Josh Volpe at +44 203 800 1292 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical is currently seeking a Sr. Staff Scientist / Research Scientist for an American pharmaceutical company based out of Delaware.
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist Senior position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is currently recruiting for an Associate QC Microbiologist position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
A vacancy has arisen for a Biology Principle Scientist with an innovative pharmaceutical enterprise in Shanghai.
Wavre, Walloon Brabant
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Safety Scientist position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
ProClinical is currently recruiting for an Aseptic Sampler position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
An international staffing and recruiting company is currently recruiting a Biocompatibility Specialist to join their office in Switzerland.
Redwood City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Research Scientist, Fibrosis position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
A speciality biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Consultant USP Development to join their office in Reykjavik
An international organisation with an innovative and varied portfolio of promising anti-cancer agents is currently recruiting for a Lead Translational Scientist.
Our client, a leading Biotech focusing on the discovery and development of novel biologics, are seeking to hire a Principal Scientist, Drug Product Development.