Laboratory Tech III, Virology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Tech of Virology for a leading global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform assays according to testing records and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain cell cultures in accordance to SOPs and testing records.
- Conduct assays and lab procedures as outlined in testing record and regulatory guidelines.
- Perform assays using appropriate laboratory techniques.
- Report observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues daily lab activities.
- Prepare reagents and re-stock labs with supplies.
- Train on departmental assays such as in vitro, detection, retroviral, RCA assays.
- Execute more complicated assays such as titrations, RCL, PCR, ELISAs, rcAAV.
- Initiate and write nonconformance and laboratory investigations.
- Participate in R&D projects and assay validations.
- Perform testing in BSL2+ laboratory.
- Work on routine assignments per written procedures, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Work under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- BS degree in Biological Sciences or other Science related field or equivalent experience.
- Previous Laboratory experience with emphasis on cell biology and/or virology.
- PCR and ELISA experience is desired.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE.
- Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs routinely.
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach.
- Clarity of Vision.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sarah Bashara at (+1) 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.