A global pharmaceutical company with offices over the globe is looking to hire a Laboratory Steward to join their team in Cambridge, UK.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall day to day operations of the laboratory department.
- Quality and compliance of equipment to ISO 13485, improving laboratory efficiencies, vendor relations, inventory control and employee safety.
- Works within multidisciplinary teams of both Scientists and Engineers that are working on drug delivery device development/testing and on the development of specialised drug delivery device manufacturing processes. Liaises with calibration and maintenance service team, facilities and vendors.
- Plays a vital role in the overall safety, maintenance and day to day operation of the laboratory.
- Responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the laboratory runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Ensures control of laboratory equipment according to ISO 13485 by maintaining an incident tracking system, troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; tracking instrument performance; supporting arrangement of equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Effectively support calibration and maintenance service team, facilities, instrument managers, other department staff, and vendors.
- Communication of laboratory information in an effective and timely manner and resolving problems by consulting with instrument managers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Implement operational strategies, essential changes and solutions to achieve optimum efficiencies.
- Facilitates training, and new equipment purchasing/implementation.
- Support health and safety team by ensuring compliance to department safety procedures, including development of COSHH assessments and supporting risk assessment generation.
- Working closely with the IT Department, ensuring IT and communication systems and processes match the requirements of the services provided.
- Maintain laboratories to a clean and safe standard by facilitating regular laboratory inspections.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree, HND or equivalent.
- Previous experience in operations and quality management of labs that comply to GMP, ISO 13485 or equivalent.
- Experience in operations and quality management of labs with an ISO 13485 accreditation
- Logical and intuitive thinker Rational approach to problem-solving
- Able to learn and apply established procedures in a reliable and consistent manner.
- Good standard of written and spoken English and numeracy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Evidence of productivity, speed and quality.
- Able to communicate in an appropriate oral and/or written format.
- Able to apply a risk-based approach
- Experience of incident tracking systems or quality management systems
- Familiar with medical device or Pharmaceutical industry.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Weronika Ficek on +44 203 0789 550 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.