Head of Legal CEE
An international pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Legal CEE to join their office in Malta. The organisation is known for developing, manufacturing, and selling generic and biosimilar products for patients around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic and innovative company that operates in over 35 countries.
- Manage all legal matters in the Region.
- Support the day-to-day legal requirements of the Regional CEO, Regional Finance Director and Regional HR Directors, and local/country managers.
- Manage external counsel in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- On a consistent basis, keep the General Counsel apprised of all significant matters and developments and consult as appropriate.
- Understand and implement the company's relevant internal governance and reporting requirements.
- Participate as a member of the Regional Management and Leadership teams.
- When appropriate, refer matters to, and work in collaboration with other members of the Law Department.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and advise on commercial agreements, including master service agreements, supply agreements, subcontractor agreements, joint venture/teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, as well as advise on risk-related issues in connection with contracts.
- Advise on employment/labour law issues.
- Advise in relation to commercial disputes and manage any litigation within the region.
- Advise ERM's consultants and managers on compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding environmental protection, privacy, freedom of information, corporate law, competition and restrictive trade practices, ethics and business conduct.
- Administer the corporate registers and records for the group companies in the region and ensure compliance with applicable companies/corporation laws.
- From time to time, assist the General Counsel with corporate transactions, new company or office/branch startups, small acquisitions or divestitures, and shareholder/equity offerings.
- Provide practical training to relevant employees on legal and risk management topics.
Skills and Requirements:
- Preferably Master's degree in Law.
- At least 5 years legal experience ideally in a leading organization, with a proven track record in contract negotiation and drafting.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Proven track record of adding value to an organization through the development of comprehensive contract documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration.
- Ability to provide independent advice (orally and in writing) to senior level management on highly technical matters.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Qas Shafi at +44 203 078 9569 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading global contract research organisation is seeking to recruit a Receptionist to their German team.
Highly Competitive Salary
Proclinical is currently seeking a Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate for a pharmaceutical company located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Highly Competitive Salary
Plainsboro, New Jersey
Proclinical is currently seeking a Meeting Facilitator for a pharmaceutical company located in Plainsboro, NJ.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting an Intern to their office in the UK.
Princeton, New Jersey
A leading pharmaceutical company that specialises in diabetes care is advertising a vacancy for a Customer Care Associate.