Global Medical Lead
An internationally leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Global Medical Lead to their office in Switzerland. Specialising in multiple therapy areas, the company boasts a superb pipeline with products that include treatments for diabetes, cancer and asthma. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company that operates in over 90 countries across the globe. Please note that this is a contract position.
- Work with the Head Medical Affairs Rare Metabolic Disease to develop and execute multiyear global medical strategy that is appropriately aligned with overall strategy and incorporating R&D functional strategies (clinical, regulatory, HEOR, PV, compliance).
- Work with the Sr Director, GMTL, on the development and in-year implementation of the global medical plan and/or support in-year plan definition and implementation by US & International Medical Affairs.
- Drive global execution of specific medical projects per global medical strategy.
- Serve as Global Medical representative on standing and project based, cross functional teams.
- As needed, provide Medical review to Global promotional and nonpromotional materials.
- Act as a company representative interacting with external scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups and/or regulatory authorities.
- Establish appropriate strategic partnerships with centres of excellence and KOLs in areas of scientific interest.
- Support execution of the in-year medical tactical plan for the global initiatives.
- As delegated by the GMTL, collaborate with commercial to ensure aligned and medically appropriate commercial strategy, planning and execution.
- Supporting design and execution of clinical studies (phase IV, disease registries, epidemiological studies, outcomes surveys, etc.) in close collaboration with Therapeutic Area Clinical Development head and Global clinical Operations.
- Per medical strategy, establish and/or enhance partnerships with key academic institutions and develop relationships with key thought leaders.
- Represent Medical Affairs at internal and external meetings.
- Present data on product / therapeutic area.
- Plan, design, and manage global medical Advisory Boards.
- Serve as a key medical resource on the company's program.
- Maintain a high level of expertise on the disease area.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of global pharmaceutical regulations, guidelines, codes of practices and company policies related to all medical activities.
- As directed by the GMTL, develop, conduct, or participate in therapeutic training programs for company internal departments.
Skills and Requirements:
- A medical degree is required, and at least one year of experience in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Preferably with a large network of KOL contacts within IBD.
- >10 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine, preferably within a matrix or franchise structure.
- Experience in medical affairs is required.
- Experience in (pre)launch activities is required.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams at the brand or disease area levels in country, regional or global organizations is preferred.
- Experience in the disease area of interest through clinical experience, biopharmaceutical experience or education is preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically from a medical perspective about how to medically appropriately support the launch and growth of a brand.
- Good analytical skills as applied to medical, scientific and technical information.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kevin Hansberry at +44 207 440 0636 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
One of the largest biotech companies in the world is advertising a vacancy for a Medical & Scientific Affairs Manager / Advisor, Women's Health APAC, joining their team in Singapore.
An international consumer goods company is seeking to recruit a Medical Manager, Thailand to their office in Bangkok.
A biopharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) to their office in Paris