Global Head Of Data Governance
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Global Head of Data Governance with a Swiss-based pharmaceutical company that delivers recruitment and payroll situations in the Swiss Pharma market. This company is seeking a talented and capable individual to join their team on a contract basis.
The Global Head of Data Governance will define the roadmap for data strategy in collaboration with business and technology leaders to define scope, priorities, implementation plans, and define and maintain policies and standards for end-to-end data governance. They will oversee the company's data governance framework and master data management of operational data within Global Development Operations, Global Drug Development (GDD), and beyond. Furthermore, the Global Head of Data Governance will develop scalable processes for managing data within programs, ensuring overall data quality inputs and tracking exceptions.
- Driving cross-business decisions that align business priorities with business strategies into an enterprise data strategy
- Integrating and aligning business roadmaps into an enterprise data roadmap to deliver on the enterprise data strategy (e.g., Stride, Data 42 enterprise projects).
- Prioritising enterprise data needs, data governance, and defining data prioritisation framework for cross-functional initiatives.
- Defining data governance operational processes (e.g., data quality measurement) in line with policies and standards, clearly articulating roles & responsibilities, and establishing and disseminating required framework, methodologies, tools, standards, and templates to be used for data governance.
- Overseeing data governance and canonical information modelling across programming impacting clinical development planning, clinical supplies, clinical trial execution, and regulatory submission.
- Managing the data governance framework and master data management for operational data (no responsibility for clinical data standards), with a focus on improving data quality, data harmonisation, and the protection of sensitive data through modifications.
- Collaborating closely with the ISRM and DEV AQ leads around data quality control and information model management.
- Leading and executing data governance strategies in line with GDDs and the company's broader strategic plan and objectives with existing policies and regulations.
- Establishing data governance policies and standards preserving data quality, i.e., data accuracy, consistency, conformity, duplication, completeness, integrity, security, and retention.
- Establishing a forum of Business Unit representatives to align on data standards and working with Business Units to establish consistent data quality rules and definitions.
- Partnering in a consultative fashion with GDO global line functions to establish, maintain, and continuously improve data governance service offerings, data access and quality, and mastering data management standards.
- Leading establishment of processes to continuously monitor data entered into the system on a regular basis.
- Leading establishing of data quality, governance, and issue tracking processes.
- Educating project teams on data maintenance and monitoring procedures.
- Managing responsibilities (operation and functional) of Data Governance associates, including objective setting, performance assessments, and development planning of direct reports.
- Skills and Requirements:
- An MSc/PhD (or equivalent) in life science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or business administration.
- At least 10 years of pharmaceutical industry or information services industry experience, with previous experience in either drug development or project management in the Pharmaceutical, CRO, or Technology Services industries.
- A thorough understanding of the Clinical Development process, and the requirements of supportive technologies and data governance models and architecture.
- Significant experience, and proven ability to effectively engage & manage associates from widely varying backgrounds & functions within a dispersed and highly matrixed organisation.
- Proven expert level knowledge of and experience with master data management, very strong technical, quantitative & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of clinical development, quality, and regulatory standards and policies pertaining to data.
- A proven ability to effectively lead the development and implementation of data architecture to achieve the highest levels of quality, compliance, and governance.
- Capable of providing thought-leading insights to the competitive environment and internal partner interfaces.
- A track record in working in a matrix organisation, building partnerships, and negotiating agreements.
- Demonstrable experience with working with electronic databases, clinical and/or project management planning and reporting systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including leadership, people management, communication, persuasion, and collaboration.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Magenis on +44 203 854 1050 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Swiss Franc0.00 - Swiss Franc195000.00 per annum
ProClinical is currently advertising on behalf of a global healthcare company that specializes in lifesaving medicines
Up to €85 per hour
ProClinical is happy to advertise new Senior Biostatistician positions for one the largest CROs in the global market