Global Business Development
ProClinical is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial, energetic and motivated scientist to join our Shanghai research team. As a Sr. Investigator, your main responsibilities will include leading cancer drug discovery research programs to validate novel targets, employ multiple approaches to discover lead molecules and viable drug candidates. You will also work with cancer translational research teams to profile selected candidates for clinical proof of concept studies. The successful candidate will also participate in and/or lead multidisciplinary teams together with scientists from other units as well as with external partners.
- Formulate novel projects and technological solutions for drug discovery by leading multidisciplinary drug discovery matrix teams
- Support drug development goals by setting strategy, design and implement scientific and technological processes to achieve platform goals, and direct activities of group members to achieve results
- Collaborate and offer input on the project activities of other scientists and managers
- Provide coaching and leadership to facilitate drug discovery solutions for projects and within the lab
- Represent to external groups and develop new potential relationships
- Publish and present results regularly at internal/external meetings
- Recognize commercial potential and make recommendations on patents
- May identify high-quality external institutions and initiate promising collaborations, soliciting and securing adequate support for collaboration
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related fields with 10-15 years of postdoctoral experience in Cancer Drug Discovery.
- Strong expertise in conceiving ideas, designing experiments and interpreting results utilizing genome-scale technology.
- Hands-on experience with various cellular and in vivo cancer models.
- Drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment is essential
- Experience with collaborating with multiple disciplinary teams and working with CROs.
- Project leadership experience in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience in drug candidate selection
- Excellent leadership and management skills, including supervision and mentoring of teams.
- Highly self-motivated and highly collaborative.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Lily Zhao on +86 21 5169 4106 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is working with a global healthcare company that is seeking a Director, Project Management Office to be based in Switzerland on a permanent basis.
ProClinical is working with a leading biotechnology company that is seeking a Senior Pre-Clinical Scientist to be based in South Germany on a permanent basis.
ProClinical is seeking a Manager/Senior Scientist to be based in Nyon, Switzerland on a permanent basis.
San Francisco, California
ProClinical is currently working with a fast-growing pharmaceutical company that is seeking a Vice President Research and Development to be based in Taipei, Taiwan