An international medical devices company that specialises in radiation oncology is currently recruiting a Field Service Engineer (FSE) to join their office in France. The organisation develops, manufactures, and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalised, and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Their radiation treatment delivery systems, in combination with fully integrated software solutions, set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work with a company determined to create a future without the fear, pain, or suffering of cancer.
The FSE will have front-line responsibility for installations, remote and on-site diagnostics prior to repair services as well as preventive maintenance visits, primarily in the Toulouse region, but occasionally in the entire territory of France, EIMEA Region and throughout the world. The successful candidate must have proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on highly sophisticated software, electronic and mechanical robotic devices at clinical sites and major hospitals.
- Provide installation, repair and maintenance support for the company's systems.
- Support is provided to the customer remotely by phone, internet and by on-site visits, as determined by the machine status or customer requirements.
- Promoting the highest level of customer satisfaction through the timely response to customer calls, clear and effective communications, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed timely and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Accurate and clear documentation of work activities are to be completed within the company's Customer Management software program, such that these records provide appropriate documentation of the product service history for Device History File records.
- Appropriate care of parts inventory and prompt return of replaced parts that are required to be returned to the company's stock for processing.
- Appropriate management and timely completion of Timesheets and expense reports incurred in the field service of the company's systems.
- Assist in the development of service documentation, in conjunction with the company's Customer Service team.
- Assist in the training of further Customer Support staff and customer on site personnel with respect to maintenance and service activities, as required.
- Assist in identification and development of Field Support tools and test equipment.
- Follow Company training as needed. (e.g. basic technical training of 6 weeks at the company Headquarters in the US).
- Learn and apply all the company's internal policies and processes.
- Follow local regulations (such as radioprotection rules - attends and runs TUV Audits at customer).
- Maintain company vehicle (if provided) in accordance with the company's fleet vehicle policy, including safe operations, vehicle cleanliness, and vehicle maintenance.
- Provides feedback through the Madison Customer Service group for service-related product improvements that could improve Mean Time to Access (MTTA) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), or improvements in mean Time Between Failures (MTBF).
- Assist in the development, documentation, and testing of service tools and design updates to the product.
- Works effectively with other engineers, scientists, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Support project team activities, with attendance at team meetings, representation of Field Service requirements, and provision of documentation as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or physics. Other qualifications with significant related work experience may also be considered. (I.E. military technical training/experience, BS in electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology, AS in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology). A basic understanding of medical physics is desirable.
- At least 3 years of field support, engineering, or manufacturing experience with high technology electrical/electronic products. Prior work experience with a Medical Device manufacturer would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good H/W and S/W computer skills, including network knowledge and the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word processing and email applications. Ability to quickly learn to use new software tools.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Valaince Penteng at +44 203 846 0643 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Krailling (82152), Bayern
Field Service Engineer (m/w/d)
Frankfurt am Main, Hessen
A leading medical technology company is advertising a vacancy for a Field Technician Robotics, Austria, Switzerland, and Benelux position.
Up to £0.00 per annum
A leading biotechnology company is partnering with ProClinical to recruit a Field Service Engineer to their team in Stockholm.