Formulation Scientist - Leader
ProClinical is seeking a Formulation Scientist to be based in Italy on a permanent basis.
- Physico-chemical and solid state characterization of New Chemical Entities.
- Salt and polymorph screening
- Solid state characterization and stability studies of lead compounds and their formulations to support transition to development
- Physico-chemical and solid state characterization of NCEs with a range of analytical techniques
- Conduct the salt and polymorph screening to identify the best crystalline forms of potential Candidate Drugs
- Stability studies of lead compounds and their formulations to support transition to development
- Team member in drug discovery teams
- Planning, monitoring and execution of external activities conducted at CROs or academic sites
- Ensure constant innovation and implementation of the know-how of the lab
- Writing and revising scientific papers and reports
- Oral communications to scientific meetings, project teams, management, stockholders etc
Skills and Requirements:
- Bsc in Chemistry or CTF or Pharmacy
- At least 5 years of experience in working for or collaborating with pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of Drug Discovery and Pre-clinical Drug Development processes
- Knowledge of crystallization techniques, low and high throughput
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for physico-chemical characterization and solid state of NCEs (LC/UV/MS, DSC, TGA, XRPD, SEM, SYMPATEC, DVS, Optical Microscopy, KF)
- Scientific writing
- Good English
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Valeria Cardo on +44 203 854 0674 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.