Field Service Engineer
ProClinical is seeking a Field Service Engineer for a medical device company to be home-office based in the Berlin region.
This FSE role will have front-line responsibility for installations, remote and on-site diagnostics prior to repair services as well as preventive maintenance visits on specific company systems, primarily to company customers located in Berlin region but occasionally in the entire territory of Germany, EIMEA Region and throughout the world. The successful candidate must have proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on highly sophisticated software, electronic and mechanical robotic devices at clinical sites and major hospitals. Applicants must have the ability to work independently and have effective communication skills.
- Provide installation, repair and maintenance support for specific company systems located at customer sites in Berlin Region primarily, but occasionally in the entire territory of Germany, EIMEA Region and throughout the world
- Support is provided to the customer remotely by phone, internet and by on-site visits, as determined by the machine status or customer requirements.
- Promoting the highest level of customer satisfaction through the timely response to customer calls, clear and effective communications, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Accurate and clear documentation of work activities are to be completed within the company's Customer Management software program, such that these records provide appropriate documentation of the product service history for Device History File records.
- Appropriate care of parts inventory and prompt return of replaced parts that are required to be returned to company stock for processing.
- Appropriate management and timely completion of Timesheets and expense reports incurred in the field service of specific company systems.
- Assist in the development of service documentation, in conjunction with the company's Customer Service team.
- Assist in the training of further Customer Support staff and customer on site personnel with respect to maintenance and service activities, as required.
- Assist in identification and development of Field Support tools and test equipment.
- Follow local regulations (such as radioprotection rules - attends and runs TUV Audits at customer).
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or physics. Other qualifications with significant related work experience may also be considered. (I.E. military technical training/experience, BS in electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology, AS in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology). A basic understanding of medical physics is desirable.
- Must be eligible for SSB Certification within 24-month employment at the company (Germany)
- At least 3 years of field support, engineering or manufacturing experience with high technology electrical/electronic products. Prior work experience with a Medical Device manufacturer would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good H/W and S/W computer skills, including network knowledge and the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word processing and email applications. Ability to quickly learn to use new software tools.
- Experience in basic administration of Windows-based computer hardware, software, and networking would be an advantage.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in local language and English.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and customer relations skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Team player - ability to work well in a close team environment.
- Must be comfortable with extensive travel (50% travel time), sometimes on short notice, and occasional after-hours support requirements. On rare occasions, you may be away from your home base for multiple weeks and may be asked to travel internationally.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Harry Williams on +44 203 854 0102 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Wir suchen einen Field Service Engineer, der an vielen Standorten in Deutschland zu einem Unternehmen für Medizinprodukte kommt.
Voor de Business Unit "In Vitro Diagnostics" in België zijn wij momenteel dringend op zoek naar een Field Service Engineer
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Field Service Engineer position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Application Engineer position
Servicetechniker Geräte für das Großgebiet West (m/w/d)
ProClinical is partnering with an orthopaedic and plastic surgery device distributor