Director of Transnational Sciences
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Director of Transnational Sciences for a preclinical life sciences company located in San Francisco, CA. Successful candidate will be responsible for identification of novel targets, design and rationale for in vivo studies, including GLP preclinical studies.
- Create, execute, interpret and discover novel features from in vivo animal models.
- Design and execute research studies including pre-clinical testing through CROs or in-house.
- Manage projects done at CMOs/CRO by actively communicating ideas, study designs, timelines and deliverables to internal and external team members.
- Organize required studies to obtain regulatory approvals for clinical testing.
- Be a thought leader for the Company by publishing scholarly articles, speaking at conferences, and representing the company in scientific bodies.
- Write and coordinate essential components of SBIR grant proposals to federal agencies.
- Hire, train, motivate, and coach staff members and colleagues.
- Establish and lead preclinical programs in Oncology and Immuno-oncology.
- Develop and validate creative, disease relevant in vivo assays.
- Work with several technology and regulatory consultants to drive the Company's platform technology from the lab to the clinic.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Engineering, Chemistry or Equivalent.
- 2+ years of prior experience with FACS and/or IHC.
- Proven track record of ability to conduct research with strong attention to detail (e.g. publications, patents)
- Ability to work independently with a multi-disciplinary research and administrative team in a resourceful startup.
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication, project and resource management, and computer skills.
- Strong background in designing in vivo experiments, particularly in immuno-oncology.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present findings to laypersons.
- Experience with overseeing independent laboratory experiments and writing SOPs.
- Experience writing grant applications - Working knowledge of word processing, presentations, statistics and image editing.
- 5+ years of experience working with Animal Models.
- Ability to train, motivate, coach, and lead a team of other researchers and research assistants.
- A proven track record of productivity.
- Hands-on experience with animal models.
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts and biological processes.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Anna Graham at (+1) 415-660-4945 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Senior Scientist - Level 1.
Suzhou Shi, Jiangsu
A leading biopharma organisation is advertising a vacancy for a PD Director based in their office in Suzhou.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Director, Research & Development, based in their office in Reading.