DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Proclinical is currently seeking a Director of Business Development for a biopharmaceutical company located in San Diego, CA. Successful candidate will identify, evaluate and negotiate agreements regarding external therapeutic product and drug discovery platform opportunities to augment the client's internal product pipeline. In addition, this person will work closely with the BD team to position the company's internal pipeline for partnership transactions as the pipeline matures.
- Identify and prioritize external therapeutic and discovery platform opportunities that support company's R&D strategy and nurture scientific and business relationships.
- Develop and maintain competitive landscape to prioritize actionable BD opportunities through a strong understanding of disease biology, treatment paradigms, and emerging therapies in each therapeutic areas of focus.
- Triage most compelling opportunities for further internal review based on quality of the science, commercial opportunity and the fit with company strategy.
- Lead cross-functional due diligence teams to thoroughly evaluate external therapeutic programs, including the most important opportunities and risks associated with the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of the product opportunities,
- Work closely with R&D, commercial and finance, draft development plans and build the business case for the BD opportunities.
- Structure and negotiate licensing, collaboration and acquisition agreements, including drafting term sheets and working closely with corporate and IP legal to negotiate definitive contracts.
- Follow up on all partnership activity, including the tracking, documentation and status reporting of all collaborations along the business development pipeline.
- Represent Gossamer Bio at partnering events and conferences to increase awareness of our company and our priorities for partnering activities.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD with 4+ years of business development experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company.
- Prior experience in dealing with corporate partners and in negotiating and completing therapeutic licensing and/or acquisition agreements.
- A thorough understanding of the process of due diligence and asset valuation combined with a scientific and business acumen.
- Energetic, highly team-oriented, and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of business strategy
- Strong understanding of key functions and their roles throughout stages of product development including Marketing, Medical Affairs, Pre-Clinical/Discovery, Regulatory and Manufacturing.
- Experience managing external collaborations or relationships.
- Proven ability to effectively work with project teams in a matrix environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Anna Graham at (+1) 415-660-4945 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A global pharmaceutical research company is seeking to recruit an Operations Analyst to their office in Madrid.
A privately held pharma-company is advertising a vacancy for an Early Strategic Marketing Manager, Oncology, based in their office in Switzerland
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Government Affairs Manager Oncology at one of the leading biopharmaceutical companies in the UK at their office in Maidenhead.
A job vacancy for a Global Commercial Manager - Early Programs has arisen at a leading global pharmaceutical company specialising in development of biological therapies.
A leading pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Global SFE Manager to their office in Switzerland.
Swiss Franc0.00 - Swiss Franc150000.00 per annum
A leading radiopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a BI & Analytics Head/Manager to join their office in Geneva.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Customer Service Executive for their office in the UK.
An international medical devices company is advertising a vacancy for a Global Training Education Manager, to be based in the company's European office.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently advertising a Logistics Specialist to their office in Solothurn.