Director Clinical Operations
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Director of Clinical Operations to their office in the UK. The organisation works across a range of therapeutic sectors, including oncology, neurology, and gastroenterology. This position is an exciting opportunity to work with a global establishment that discovers and develops innovative therapies to help address unmet medical needs.
- Leads execution of key business objectives or projects within the department.
- Involved in developing, modifying, and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Analyses gaps in current work processes and recommends enhancements.
- Consistently exercises judgment and discretion within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Influences, advises, and interprets on relevant issues.
- May supervise a team of professionals or may lead teams within a project setting.
- Provides technical/content expertise to lead teams and complex studies within the Clinical Operations group.
- Directs the adherence to ICH/ GCP guidelines, local regulatory requirements, and SOPs/ SWPs.
- Proactively assesses risks and develops and implements creative solutions.
- Comprehensively assesses options to address study issues.
- Supports the activities of CDP development from a portfolio perspective and reviews quality of data from studies prior to submission.
- Aligns business and clinical operations objectives across multiple CROs, project teams, and departments.
- Supports the execution of clinical operations strategies and implementation of new processes and systems.
- Influences work/ study processes spanning multiple department and geographic boundaries across the company.
- Facilitates across teams to identify clinical operations issues and propose solutions.
- Manages new tools and resources (tools, systems, vendors, etc.) while minimising their costs to the organisation.
- Sets key deadlines and project milestones for projects within the function.
- Manages contractors and ensures that contractors, consultants, and vendors complete assigned work according to agreed timelines.
- Makes appropriate budgetary allocations to targeted opportunities.
- Evaluates appropriateness of requests for increased budgets.
- Directs the use of financial standards across work teams for consistent level of compliance.
- Reviews 3rd party (contractors, consultants, and vendors) work product and deliverables to approve payment of invoices and resolves discrepancies.
- Leads by example to encourage others to prioritize personal and professional development.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to staff members across units.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, performance, succession, and transition activities.
- Identifies team training needs and recommends solutions.
- Manages individual contributors and/or matrixed team members and may manage people managers both locally and remotely.
- Manages all employee-related activities throughout the year, including performance management and development.
- Engages employees in career development conversations and aligns employees with resources and opportunities to develop.
- Formally or informally assesses talent in function and enables career development opportunities for all team members.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, and succession planning.
- May be responsible for compensation planning for assigned employees.
- Complies with all applicable laws/regulations of each country in which we do business.
- Reports legal, compliance, and ethical violations in a timely manner.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Matthew Pike at +44 207 440 0639 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Proclinical Staffing have partnered with a Start-up Biotech based in Central London who are looking for a Director/ Senior Director, Clinical Operations to join their team.
Up to £75000.00 per annum
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit an Senior Clinical Manager, Clinical Operations to their office in London.
£0.00 - £650.00 per day
A global biopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Contract Associate Director Clinical Development.
£0.00 - £135000.00 per annum
A leading Pharmaceutical company, delivering life-transforming medicines for serious diseases, is currently recruiting a Director of Clinical Program Management at their office in London.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
A leading biopharmaceutical company, researching and developing novel drugs based on the natural molecule Messenger RNA (mRNA), is recruiting for a Director of Oncology Target Discovery.