A global biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Data Scientist based in their Swiss office. The institution is known for their work discovering, developing, and delivering innovative therapies for patients with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases across the globe. This position is an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that has cultivated a strong presence in the biotechnological industry and prides itself on its world-class manufacturing facilities. This will be a contract role, running for 12 months.
- Developing short- and long-term forecasting models and financial trends.
- Refining and calibrating forecast models using advanced statistical techniques.
- Designing models that relate CVC activities to financial results by workstreams.
- Designing integrated tools that link models to secondary data to enable tracking of forecast to "actuals".
- Designing bottoms up models to guide CVC financial life cycle management decisions.
- Leveraging optimisation techniques to guide CVC team leads to the best decisions.
- Designing custom analysis tools in applications such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, and MS Excel.
- Synthesising and communicating results to team members clients.
- Collaborating with other CVC members of the strategic forecasting teams to implement solutions.
- Taking initiative to advance technical, analytic, and problem-solving skills and disseminates these knowledges across the team.
- Developing and refining the forecast platform for the company's CVC program.
- Developing agent based/optimisation algorithms to simulate market dynamics and product usage with guidance from senior members of the CVC program.
- Programming applications using Visual Basic, Java, SQL, and MS Excel that will enable refinement and calibration of short- and long-term forecast models.
- Continually assessing and improving upon the accuracy of modeling and forecasting platforms and other tools that the individual will build.
- Building simulators, dashboards, user interfaces, and other tools that can provide simple modeling and forecasting reports that can be processed by senior management.
- Developing simple versions of the forecast platforms and other tools that can be leveraged by a non-technical audience to run their own scenario analytics.
- Providing toolkits and tutorials and generally functioning as a technical expert resource for other members of the CVC forecasting team and internal clients.
Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or Econometrics.
- A strong academic record of analytic and quantitative work.
- Experience working within or consulting for Pharma/Biotech/Healthcare or financial services industries in a forecasting/business analytics capacity.
- Experience building analytical tools and platforms that have been used for business/forecast planning, including previous use of patient based and agent-based forecast models.
- Experience in Supply Management activities is preferable.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Luke Saner at +44 3300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.