Data Manager, Bioinformatics & Scientific Computing
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Data Manger of Bioinformatics and Scientific Computing for a leading biotherapeutic company located in Boston, MA.
- Collaborate with Engineering colleagues to ensure organized storage of pipeline inputs/outputs with appropriate access controls
- Work directly with project leads and project teams to understand their multi-omic data needs and the best strategy for data production and integration
- Develop and maintain data management lifecycle policies security, accessibility, sharing, storage, maintenance and reuse
- Perform quality control of incoming data using existing computational pipelines
- Identify key external datasets and integrate appropriately
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Familiarity with multi-omics data types and data sets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle a variety of tasks; effectively solve problems with numerous and complex variables; and be able to shift priorities rapidly
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Data organization experience, with a preference for multi-omics datasets
- Familiarity with Linux-based storage systems and permissions structure
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with FAIR data principles
- Knowledge of GxP/FDA regulations pertaining to data management is a plus.
- Fluency in Python and Unix Shell programming
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Miles Tobin at (+1) 617-545-5922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.