CRISPR Scientist, Cancer Immunology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a CRISPR Scientist of Cancer Immunology with a consultancy firm located in Pittsburgh, PA. As the CRISPR Scientist, you will drive cancer immunology research efforts, and design and execute genomic screening and editing studies to support therapy development efforts of a biotech startup focused on developing new cancer therapies targeting immunoregulatory mechanisms in the tumor microenvironment, reporting to the Program Coordinator.
- Works with and reports to the scientific founders and the Program Coordinator to investigate the most promising targets within the tumor microenvironment for the development of therapeutics.
- Supports the Program Coordinator in genomic screening and editing efforts for target-related studies that include library-based genome-wide screening, arrayed CRISPR/shRNA screen, CRISPR/shRNA-based target assessment.
- Supports the company leadership and the Program Coordinator in establishing genomic screening and editing platform.
- Develops molecular and cell-based assays for testing gene editing tools and sgRNAs.
- Independently propose, plan, design and perform in vivo tumor studies as well as ex vivo/in vitro assays to deeply characterize the company's target candidates.
- Establish novel mechanistic insights addressing impact of novel targets on anti - tumor immune response and tumor cell growth.
- Develop and perform complex cell-based functional assays using engineered and/or primary human and murine cells.
- Actively participates in the scientific dialogue of the group and proactively collaborates with colleagues.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD in immunology with 3+ years of post-doctoral experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Must be skillful in the isolation and characterization of primary immune cells from murine tissues/tumors and human blood.
- Excellent skill set for a variety of in vitro/ex vivo immune cell-based assays, including planning, execution, and analysis.
- Experience in library-based genome-wide screens using CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing is required.
- Expertise in designing the screen strategy and analyzing the readout.
- Good understanding in bioinformatic tools and experience working closely with bioinformatic expert.
- Expertise in high throughput screening, cloning, and advanced molecular biology is strongly preferred.
- Experience in flow cytometry and other analytical techniques (e.g. qPCR).
- Significant experience in immuno-oncology-related animal studies is required.
- Experience in genomic screening using tumor models is highly desired.
- Experience in working under GLP standards (writing research reports, SOPs, and IND sections) and ensuring safety compliance under BSL-2 is a plus.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Natasha Patel at (+1) 617-778-7319 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.