We are currently looking for a Controller for our Frankfurt - Germany office. The Controller will function as a hands-on leader, working with the Global Controller and EU senior management to implement and execute financial and operational objectives.
* Accurate and timely production of the EU financial statements.
* Coordinate the preparation of regulatory financial reports.
* Directly responsible for recording and review of journal entries required to reflect monthly activities.
* Directly responsible for monthly accounting close process, including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained; calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
* Assist with the production of the regional budget and forecasts
* Supervise the regional accounting/finance team including logistics.
* Manage the inventory cycle within the EMEA region.
* Perform cost center analysis and make recommendations to team and management.
* Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances.
* Maintenance of fixed asset records for accurate inventory and depreciation.
* Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors and examiners.
* Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
* Participate with other managers and lead organizational financial diligence and oversight
* Coaches and develops employees; plan, monitor and hold team accountable for job results.
Skills and Requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business administration
* 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in a related field, preferably life sciences
* Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate financial information
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* High emotional intelligence in relating to direct team and other employees
* Customer focused, accountable and responsive team player, with ability to quickly prioritize
among numerous pressing tasks
* Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
* Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
* Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
* Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
* Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP a plus.
* Candidates with the Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or MBA
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Errico Di Piazza at 0203 826 1331 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.