Consultant or Senior Consultant (Health Economics)
One of the largest CROS in the global market is currently recruiting a Consultant or Senior Consultant (Health Economics) to join their London team. This contract research organisation (CRO) is renowned for their work in technological advances and access to real-world data. This is an exciting opportunity to become embedded in the wider operations team and work on ground-breaking new medicine development.
- Contributing to the writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections.
- Conducting evidence synthesis by means of meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparison or network meta-analysis (frequentist or Bayesian) using patient-level and/or aggregate data (e.g. from literature review) using R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS or JAG.
- Conducting a survival analysis using R or SAS.
- Specifying and/or extract data from databases using SAS/R; prepare and analyse datasets according to study protocol and SAP.
- Writing and presenting results of analysis appropriate for the intended audience.
- Assisting in the dissemination of any clinically relevant findings through articles, posters and presentations.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, (applied) mathematics.
- MSc or PhD or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, (applied) mathematics.
- Solid prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO, pharmaceutical/biotech companies or other service sector in the healthcare industry.
- Strong statistical programming skills in R and one of the WinBUGS, OpenBUGS, JAGS or similar.
- Experience with generalised linear models, Bayesian statistics and survival analysis.
- Experience with project management in a consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the healthcare industry.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to check own work so that drafts are delivered to a high quality.
- Attitude to work well as a team member and to build and manage relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Enthusiasm for statistics, including a flexible & problem-solving mindset.
- Good understanding of network meta-analysis studies is a plus.
- Good understanding of economic models for health economic evaluation (e.g. Markov models) is a plus.
- Good command of SAS, STATA and Visual Basic (VBA) for Excel.
- Understanding of retrospective patient-level studies (including database analyses).
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Carl Hainsby on 0203 846 0645 at or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.