Cell Therapy Scientist
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Cell Therapy Scientist position with a leading pharmaceutical research company. The organization prides itself on its solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas, along with a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and an unmatched patient access program. Based in the company's Massachusetts office, this is an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned company and support their innovative impact on the healthcare field.
The Cell Therapy Scientist will play an important role in developing the clinical manufacturing processes and/or methods for developing cellular therapy products.
- Working with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owning responsibility for technical aspects of a project.
- Preparing complex experimental protocols.
- Contributing significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviewing, interpreting, and communicating data internally (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and preparing technical reports.
- Proposing and implementing resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Participating actively on GCT project teams by communicating activities from designated functional area to project team.
- Designing experiments/unit operations independently, including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Assisting with the development of project strategy and communicating complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary.
- Supporting local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participating in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serving as a technical resource for junior staff and leveraging expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Coordinating within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Master's degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 6+ years relevant industry experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, chemical or biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
- Cell culture/therapy, Immunology, Stem cell based experience
- Experience in developing cell therapy or biological products, scale-up manufacturing processes
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation is a plus.
- Beneficial to have experience in principles and practices of cellular immunology and/or stem cell biology, including cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro methods relevant for various types of immune cells and/or stem cells.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sherron Howard at +1 267 435 8600 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist Senior position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
Our client, a leading Biotech focusing on the discovery and development of novel biologics, are seeking to hire a Principal Scientist, Drug Product Development.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Bench Scientist I (Cell Bio).
A vacancy has arisen for a Biology Principle Scientist with an innovative pharmaceutical enterprise in Shanghai.
Wavre, Walloon Brabant
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Safety Scientist position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
An international staffing and recruiting company is currently recruiting a Biocompatibility Specialist to join their office in Switzerland.
Redwood City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Research Scientist, Fibrosis position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
A speciality biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Consultant USP Development to join their office in Reykjavik
A leading clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that focuses on cancer therapy is recruiting a Senior R&D Project Manager.
An international organisation with an innovative and varied portfolio of promising anti-cancer agents is currently recruiting for a Lead Translational Scientist.