Cell-line Development Scientist
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford. The organisation focuses on harnessing and engineering the natural delivery capabilities of extracellular vesicles to develop an entirely new class of therapeutics. By creating novel exosome-based therapeutics, this company is able to treat patients with severe diseases that have limited response options. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic company that uses revolutionary technology.
- Cell line development.
- Experience of experimental design, e.g. using DoE software.
- Experienced in executing experiments using Ambr 15.
- Perform the following established procedures including, but not limited to, cell culture (adherent / Suspension), and exosome harvest.
- Produce exosome harvest to support downstream process development and process characterisation.
- Adhere to good documentation practices.
- Good understanding of GLP / GxP
- The Development Scientist will plan their daily work activities, (e.g. the operation of equipment, cell culture, data analysis and report writing) based on experimental plans and time scales set out by their supervisor.
- The Development Scientist will also be required to recognise, record and inform their supervisor of issues pertaining to particular operational problems or scientific/technical issues relating to their daily work activities.
- Offer suggestions for resolution of technical issues based on experience. The Development Scientist will be expected to show creativity in resolving issues.
- The Development Scientist will be required to communicate verbally and in writing within the CMC group.
- Present scientific data at internal CMC meetings.
- Write/revise/review SOP's, risk assessments, protocols and reports.
- Perform laboratory tasks including general housekeeping, equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
- Additional responsibilities/tasks may be assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- MSc or PhD in Biological Sciences/cell biology.
- 2-5 years' experience in a relevant work environment.
- The Scientist should be capable of receiving and correctly following instructions and seek clarification if instructions are unclear.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
- Experience of operating Ambr15 for clone selection, media optimisation and process development would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Alannah Chauhan at +442037615717 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Fermentation Scientist position in their Swiss office.
An international pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit an Oncology Expert to their French office.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.