Business Development Director - Oncology line
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Business Development Director position with a leading clinical research organisation (CRO). The company specialises in researching pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and nutrition, and assists pharmaceutical and biotech companies in developing top prescription drugs in the current marketplace. Based in the company's Swiss office in Basel, this position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a company that provides innovative and dynamic solutions.
The Business Development Director will generate business by providing oncology biotechs with agile clinical trial solutions, bringing together the company's full portfolio of drug development services exclusively for biotechs with the extensive portfolio of capabilities from within the company's hub to meet the growing complexity of client needs.
- Achieving annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
- Establishing, nurturing, and growing client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Developing account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
- Providing weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Developing client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; following up on leads.
- Providing general intelligence on key competitors.
- Selling the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognising and communicating sales opportunities for other business units.
- Setting and managing customer expectations.
- Collaborating with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizing and hosting client visits.
- Evaluating quotations for territory and providing inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Using SFDC to manage internal communication and documenting territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborating effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assisting in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participating in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintaining frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participating in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leading client presentations.
- Supporting an established client base where appropriate.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in life science or business field preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge.
- Experienced BDD take on Swiss Oncology Biotech markers.
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations.
- Demonstrable ability to acquire and grow client base.
- 4-5 years' sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers.
- Experience working within a large CRO.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Theodora Savlovschi-Wicks at +44 203 752 0314 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Business Development Director position with a leading clinical research organisation (CRO).
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior International Marketing Manager - Negative Pressure therapy position
ProClinical is partnering with a multinational contract research organisation (CRO) to advertise a vacancy for a China BD Manager.
€0.00 - €25000.00 per annum
Client Service (Barcelona)
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Procurement Specialist position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Business Development Director position
Up to £0.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Director, Business Development position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an EMEA Senior Brand Director, Epilepsy position
Leinfelden-Echterdingen (70771), Baden-Württemberg
Unser flexibles und dynamisches Team am Standort Bremen sucht zur Verstärkung: Produkt Manager m|w
Client Services Manager ProClinical is a life sciences service provider that has expanded rapidly over the past 5 years to a current turnover of $47m