Business Development Director Europe
ProClinical is working with a market leading biotechnology company that is seeking a Business Development Director to be based in Europe on a permanent basis.
Working with a wide variety of clients, this role mixes strategic and transactional relationships. This requires the ability and flexibility to adapt different strategies for different stakeholders - from business development with new clients through to developing solutions with more established customers.
The Business Development Director will be responsible for developing and fostering relationships with key decision-makers at biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies to secure business opportunities for the Company.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing Customers/Accounts.
- Actively network in the industry to establish and maintain relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
- Work with Executive Leaders and Sales Management to identify and prioritize a list of target Account opportunities for each 'prospecting cycle' (e.g. quarterly/semi-annually). Further participates with management in the development and implementation of an annual sales plan which incorporates sales and marketing activities.
- Continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of opportunities is maintained.
- Maintain and document regular communication with customers as well as ensure the requisite tracking and CRM systems are current.
- Coordinate with centres of excellence and proposals team to develop proactive customer engagements and handle follow-up related activities both internally and externally.
- Provide senior management with a weekly summary of key deliverables and potential opportunities.
- Recommends new opportunities for organizational investment that lead to profit and service improvements
- Maintain and understand current industry trends and business developments that affect target markets. These activities will include: monitoring key industry websites and assessing industry meetings for possible attendance
- Represents the company at local, national and international meetings pertinent to public relations and future business development
- May be responsible for the supervision of other Business Development Representatives by interviewing candidates and selecting personnel, as well training if necessary, in order to manage their tasks and objectives so that they align with the VP's and overall organizational goals
Skills and Requirements:
- Previous experience with long cycle sales in the bio-pharm, medical device or CRO industry in addition to demonstrated track record of national/global account sales
- Possesses established client relationships with key national and global bio-pharm decision makers History of achieving and exceeding sales quota targets
- Excellent interpersonal skills including self-motivation, enthusiasm and sense of urgency
- Proven track record at mid and high-level contacts at national and global bio-pharm companies
- Formal sales training such as SPIN Selling, Miller Heiman Strategic Selling
- Must have exceptional writing skills and be diligent in follow-up practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify, qualify and develop sales leads and professionally presentation capabilities
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to speak and understand multiple languages
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong business acumen including financial acumen
- Proven leadership, problem solving, negotiation and decision-making abilities
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor's degree required, and an MBA or other related advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of increasing business development related position responsibility experience in the clinical trials industry
- Thorough knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical industry, terminology and practices
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Joseph Ikuta on +44 203 8261 331 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operations Regulatory CMC Analyst
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Drug Safety Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regulatory Affairs Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Compliance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Brand Insights Manager vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Solution Engineer vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Fibrosis
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist - Fibrosis position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Quality Oversight Lead vacancy