Biology Lab Technician
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Biology Lab Technician with a biopharmaceutical company located in Worcester, MA. The candidate will be involved with all aspects of protein purification and protein chemistry to support biopharmaceutical process development.
- The candidate can develop economical, robust steps for recovering the target protein from bioreactor harvests using chromatography, filtration, and other separation techniques; developing downstream purification processes to be transferred to Manufacturing; and performing laboratory scale process characterization studies; can perform basic data acquisition and analysis, documenting in electric lab notebooks.
- The individual can perform various bioanalytical assays, including HPLC, ELISAs and SDS-PAGE, to aid in rapid process development.
- The candidate must possess strong written, oral, and collaborative skills in order to effectively communicate experimental procedures and results.
- As appropriate, the candidate may supply technical support for pilot and/or GMP manufacturing of clinical materials.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in chemical or biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology with typically 0-2+ years of work experience with basic knowledge of protein purification and standard analytical techniques
- Understanding of characterization (UV, HPLC analytical), chromatography, filtration and separation technics
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Samantha Reader at 267-536-3075.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.