Associate Scientist, sequencing
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist for a leading global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will perform and direct assays according to and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Demonstrate innovative and independent scientific technical expertise in sequencing.
- Conduct and direct assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately complete batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Work with Department Scheduling Supervisor to coordinate sequencing assays.
- Contribute independently to overall scientific rigor of laboratory operations through objective laboratory investigation.
- As assigned by Management, supervise personnel and assume all associated responsibilities.
- As assigned by Management, act as Study Director, Area Manager, or Principal Investigator for assays, conduct critical review of results and data, and assume all associated responsibilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- Design and independently conduct scientific development projects from inception to completion.
- Initiate, prepare and revise technical documents and reports.
- Effectively communicate and defend science through written and verbal communication.
- Perform assays using appropriate sequencing laboratory techniques.
- Report observations of ongoing tests to Study Directors, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities, instrument and assay issues and test method performance.
- Provide training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting and trains new personnel in lab procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS, MS, or PhD required.
- Must have 1+ years' experience.
- Specialized hands on training and experience with Next Generation and Sanger Sequencing is required.
- Advanced knowledge of sequencing chemistries and methods is required.
- Experience designing and troubleshooting sequencing assays and the ability to explain unexpected results and solve technical issues is required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently advertising a vacancy for an SE - Scientist - Analytical Development to their office in Sweden.
A privately held pharma-company is advertising a vacancy for an Analytical Scientist/Senior Scientist, based in their office in Switzerland.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently advertising a R&D Scientist to their office in Belgium.