Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Associate Scientist with an pharmaceutical company located in Plainsboro, NJ.
- Self- motivated, requiring some daily supervision to participate in the processes of in vitro assay screening and high throughput screening (HTS) of a wide array of protocols for a diverse client base that includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Works on assignments with a diverse team of scientists to facilitate all aspects of performing in vitro screening and running an HTS laboratory
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments and determines next steps with guidance.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor.
- Makes logical suggestions of likely causes of problems and independently suggests solutions.
- Adept in operating semi-automated liquid dispensers, plate readers, and other lab instruments
- Performs routine calculations, tabulates, and records results. Maintains, calibrates laboratory equipment and coordinates maintenance with vendors.
- Assumes responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
- Ability to run assays based on established protocols and troubleshoot, if needed
- Has skills in any of the following areas:
Cell culture including cell banking, cell plating, and transfection
b. Cellular assays including measurement of second messengers, protein translocation, protein: protein interactions.
c. Biochemical assays including enzyme inhibition and protein-protein interaction assays
d. Familiarity with luminescent- and fluorescence-based technologies
Skills and Requirements:
- MS degree + 0 or BS degree + 3 years of experience in biomedical field.
- Must work well with others
- Effectively communicates with others by giving and receiving feedback
- Presents data clearly and concisely
- Participates actively in meetings
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within biological R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn instrument and data analysis software.
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills in order to complete multiple projects within timelines.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.