Associate Director Medical Communications
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Director of Medical Communications for a pharmaceutical company located in Geneva, Switzerland. Successful candidate will support a wide variety of projects critical to the success of a rapidly advancing, uniquely positioned global Oncology pipeline.
- Maintain a high level of technical and scientific expertise through familiarity with medical and scientific literature.
- Liaise with intra- and inter-departmental colleagues to build relationships and proactively identify needs of stakeholders in support of pipeline.
- Contribute to the global medical strategy and ensure execution of global medical communications activities in accordance with the departmental operational model and expectations while meeting appropriate legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of medical, scientific and technical information.
- Plan, develop and maintain key medical information documentation, this includes but is not limited to Medical Information Response Letters, Questions & Answers documents, medical slide decks.
- Support the Global Medical Information Call Center through training, monitoring inquiries, and managing escalated inquiries ensuring prompt, accurate, quality-assured responses to medical/ scientific/ technical information requests from healthcare professionals, patients, caregivers, and the general public.
- Participate in international medical & scientific congress activities, and develop congress materials (e.g. brochures, videos)
- Develop training modules primarily for medical teams but also for the rest of the R&D organization.
- Contribute to live or recorded training sessions by ensuring content is accurate and in line with key global medical resources.
- As needed, review and advise on development of marketing materials.
- Ensure access to a wide array of established scientific and medical content resources within company electronic document repositories and databanks; maintain, update and manage such repositories/databanks, as pertinent to the needs of internal and external customers
- As appropriate ensure alignment of Medical Communications activities with global medical strategy through development of a comprehensive Medical Communication Tactical plan.
- Collaborate seamlessly with Regional Medical Communications Services to ensure maximal alignment.
- Participate in development and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Global Medical Content Creation and Review, as well as Global Medical Information Services.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD, PharmD or equivalent in Life Sciences is required.
- 3-5+ years' experience in the field of Scientific Content, Medical Information and/or Communications is required.
- Experience in medical scientific exchange material management and execution at a global level.
- In-depth understanding of legal requirements, regulatory issues, codes of practice and guidelines as relevant to the provision of Medical Information and medical data communication and scientific exchange.
- In-depth understanding of the specialized databases for the scientific community.
- Proven high level of competence with computers as well as document management, storage and retrieval systems (such as internet-residing databases/ databanks) is essential.
- Demonstrated success in developing effective solutions to complex problems is required.
- Recognized ability to respond to urgent timelines is essential
- Documented skills of interaction with external collaborators/ agencies/ company customers are a must
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal interaction skills
- High attention to details and scientific rigor is required
- Experience in oncology is an asset
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call George Watson at (+1) 929-223-4835 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.