Associate Director, Market Access (Haemophilia)
A leading biotechnology company is seeking to recruit an Associate Director, Access Strategy & Management to their office in London. The company is known for their work in developing therapeutics that treat rare genetic diseases, some of which affect as few as 1000 people worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic global business and support its commercial presence across Europe, along with other regions.
- Maintain and manage the patient access strategy for the company's gene therapy development across the EUMEA region.
- Coordinating the market access taskforce responsible for:
- ensuring alignment of the external stakeholders (payers, physicians, patient groups, politicians) to ensure a supportive market access environment for the company's gene therapy development.
- all relevant internal stakeholders are aligned on the strategy and tactics required for obtaining timely access to the company's gene therapy development across the various countries
- In collaboration with the Area Directors and Zone leads, the development of strategies for the negotiations and contracting discussions with various payer institutions (with support from the global pricing team).
- In collaboration with the reimbursement manager and the country teams, support the development of reimbursement submissions and responses to objections from payer bodies by obtaining external stakeholder input where relevant.
- Support maintenance of current information on policy changes in the region which could impact haemophilia.
- Planning, organising, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Liaise with local Area Directors and country managers to support timely delivery of strategic goals and projects e.g. ad boards, market access materials, and evidence projects (aligned with health economics and medical).
- Maintain compliance in accordance with the BioMarin procedures and the relevant local and European requirements.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD preferred) with 5+ years in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical environment required, in-house or at an agency or consultancy.
- A combination of scientific publication and cross-functional scientific and medical communication experience.
- Ability to critically appraise medical/scientific literature with attention to strategic needs.
- Able to travel for scientific congress meetings, as necessary.
- Substantial and relevant market access or governmental affairs experience is required. This could be obtained from either a consulting or industry background.
- Someone with experience within rare disease or haemophilia would be preferable.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the payer environment required ideally across multiple EU countries, good knowledge of local consultancies and payers.
- Working knowledge of the ABPI code is preferable.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Flora Hickish at +44 2038660228 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical Staffing is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Wavre, Walloon Brabant
This organisation develops innovative products across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, oncology, and respiratory, and employs 100,000 staff globally.