Animal Lab Tech
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Animal Lab Tech with a company located in Cambridge, MA. A successful candidate will have an AALAS or ALAT certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience with animal husbandry experience.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals and research
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations
- Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include perform daily water bottle; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols
- Administer test compounds by varies routes (IV, PO, SC) for laboratory studies
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas, procedure rooms, and storage areas including restocking of supplies, cleaning schedules, monthly tasks, etc.
- Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation
- Maintain accurate records of animal health
- Dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas
- Receive, inspect and put away incoming animals
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures
- Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels to ensure that assigned duties are completed
- Assist with resupplying consumables and autoclaving
- Lab recyclables and trash, lab cleaning, equipment moves
- Provide as needed admin support
- Perform all other animal facility or facilities related duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- AALAS Certification of ALAT is highly recommended
- Required minimum of 1-year husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility
- Proficiency with basic animal identification methods
- Ability to effectively follow verbal and written instructions and exhibit interpersonal skills that are conducive to effective communication and that contribute to a congenial work environment
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner with coworkers, research staff, and managers
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Catherine Nguyen at 215-531-5643.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.