Administrator and Receptionist- Estates
A leading technology commercialisation company is currently recruiting an Administrator and Receptionist. This organisation is known for identifying and protecting promising new technologies and innovations, along with commercialising medical technologies and providing technology transfer services. Based in London, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a prestigious and dynamic organisation.
The Administrator and Receptionist will deliver a friendly and professional welcome to all visitors, providing refreshments, maintaining meeting rooms, and managing meeting room bookings. They will also assist the Personal Assistant and Office/Facilities Manager (PA/OM) in the smooth running of the business from an organisational perspective, including administrative duties for other departments in the business. The post holder will report to the PA/OM.
The estates management will include the administration of estates maintenance. There will be particular emphasis on health and safety, general maintenance, and repair.
- Liaise with managers and head of sections as required to ensure the efficient running of office-based services
- Take responsibility for the organisation of the reception area ensuring all staff are adequately trained in their responsibilities
- Oversee the administrative functions of the team.
- Act as personal assistant to at least one Director
- Assist with the estates, health & safety, and operational management of the business sites
- Provide cover for the Managing Director's personal assistant for annual leave and sickness when required.
- Manage and maintain diaries for the Director(s).
- Provide and oversee general secretarial duties as required to include distributing internal post and meeting room management.
- Undertake occasional minute taking for meetings involving senior staff.
- Assist Executive Assistant to CEO with preparation of board papers as required.
- Arrange national and international meetings including room bookings, catering, conference facilities, venue, technical equipment, collating and distributing meeting materials, assist the Marketing Manager with company functions and organise office events as required.
- Organise travel arrangements for staff including, hotel reservations, itineraries, maps and visas.
- Act as the first point of contact for all staff enquiries and communicate back all appropriate information to staff in a timely manner, including all staff email notifications either direct (e.g. cleaning notifications) or forwarded from individuals.
- Oversee the company's email account and ensure that all emails are forwarded and responded to in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all stationery requirements including stock control and negotiating best price.
- Encourage and maximise recycling where possible.
- Ensure staff and visitors' catering is adequately stocked and take overall responsibility of the cleanliness of the kitchen and the dishwasher cycle.
- Arrange for service engineers to visit and maintain all office equipment; organising service contracts where appropriate.
- Manage the distribution of petty cash in accordance with company policy.
- Manage the storage requirements for the business.
- Any other ad hoc duties requested from Directors from time to time.
- Work expeditiously and with professionalism to ensure the business is organised efficiently.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding sensitive personnel, financial and commercial information.
- Adhere to company policies including organisational standards, financial regulations and equal opportunities.
- Participate in staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health & safety regulations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar or related capacity.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kellie-Marie Saul at +44 203 823 4366 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.