At ProClinical, we are currently recruiting for the newly-formed position of Associate Scientist/Study Director of In Vitro Virology, based in Philadelphia, PA. The remit of this role includes performing and directing assays according to and in compliance with all industry- and company-wide guidelines and procedures. The ideal individual will competent in science to serve as Study Director, and will assist in the training of junior staffers as needed. Additionally, the ideal individual will possess the ability to correctly analyze scientific data, and may, dependent upon performance, be assigned supervisory responsibilities. This role is perfect for a dynamic worker, who is accustomed to solving complex problems under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate scientific and technical expertise.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Provide training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
- Conduct and direct assays and lab procedures according in compliance with relevant guidelines.
- Accurately complete records and other required documentation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application regarding lab procedure completion.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Train new personnel in relevant lab procedures.
- Effectively interact with clients.
- Schedule lab work.
- Perform assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Communicate with supervisor and other colleagues regarding lab activities.
- Prepare and revise technical documents and reports.
- Report date changes for testing and other pertinent information to clients.
Skills And Qualifications
- BA in biological sciences, science related major, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Virology/vaccine experience (candidates lacking this will not be considered).
- Specialized training in laboratory techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant industry and legal guidelines preferred.
- Ability to accomplish duties using appropriate laboratory equipment, and computer equipment and software.
- Accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mary Jacobs at (+1) 2674774800 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.