At ProClinical, we are seeking an individual to fill the permanent role of Supervisor of Virology Operations, based in Philadelphia, PA. The ideal candidate will supervise day-to-day virology operations to ensure execution of testing support services. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for the oversight of team performance in routine testing according to all relevant regulatory guidelines. The ideal candidate will be responsible for team accountability to operational and performance metrics.
- Manage, plan and review operations for assigned staff.
- Recommend hire/transfer/promotion/discharge and/or salary changes where necessary.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Provides strong in-house guidance on science and technology.
- Interacts with Project Management to discuss project planning and testing issues.
- Responsible for team members who conduct assays in accordance with GLPs or cGMPs.
- Assure that laboratory personnel are complying with all relevant guidelines.
- Prepare and revise technical documents.
- Assure that all relevant documentation is completed according to GLPs/cGMPs and company SOPs.
- Communicate and defend science through written and verbal communication.
- Act as Study Director and/or training coordinator as required.
Skills And Qualifications
- Experience in cell culture, virology, and lab management.
- Leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Evaluate and accurately record all data.
- Accurately and reproducibly perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work under limited supervision and handle problems of a difficult nature.
- Ability to perform light physical work, lifting up to 20 pounds as needed, and performing activities such as repetitive motions.
- Clarity of vision at all ranges, depth perception, and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Strong technical understanding of cell culture processes.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mary Jacobs at (+1) 2674774800 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.