An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Contracts Associate to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in California, USA. A very patient-focused company, whose scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefitting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
- Responsible for clinical administrative operations activities involving clinical finance support and/or assistance with contract negotiations.
- Completes responsibilities in a timely, organized way.
- Identifies issues/problems and provides customary recommendations for solutions.
- May focus on either contracts or finance or both areas based on business need.
- Coordinates and ensures that monthly payment processes are completed accurately and on time.
- Works on diverse business problems that require financial analysis with oversight from more senior individuals in department.
- Assists clinical teams in resolving financial issues as they relate to either site or vendor contracts.
- Has limited contact with external customers in regards to payment issues.
- Coordinates the preparation, execution, and tracking of domestic and/or international clinical site agreements, including study specific budget templates, contracts and other documents with specific guidance from manager.
- Works closely with internal and vendor clinical teams to ensure rapid start-up of study sites.
- Responsible for tracking the progress of study-start-up activities as it relates to contracts and budgets.
- Assists clinical teams in evaluating the progress of vendor contracts as the clinical program progresses.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Performs routine work without detailed instructions.
- Demonstrates moderate proficiency in the use of complex budgeting & forecasting database tools.
- Interacts well with clinical teams, legal, and corporate finance.
- Performs routine work under moderate supervision and complex tasks under general supervision.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- 2 years of experience with a BA or BS in a relevant discipline. Relevant experience typically includes contract administration or finance.
- Academic Level: Bachelors
- Invoice Coordination: Invoice review, expense account coding, and review routing. Requires strong attention to detail, a high level of organization, and experience and aptitude to understand and utilize accounting systems.
- Payment reconciliation: ability to research and review site payment data and determine payment status, determine if over or under payment has occurred, and answer site and team queries. Requires in-depth often complex investigation of payment discrepancies.
- Investigator Payment Generation: requires mastery of propriety clinical tracking system and ability to review and understand payment schedules and terms enter data and generate site payments on determined cycles.
- Document management: ability to review contract documents and enter relevant key data into contract repository system as well as scan and attach documents within system to appropriate location.
- Provide world-class customer service with internal and external customers. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times especially during difficult interactions or items requiring escalation to senior management.
- Pharma or Bio-tech experience preferred. Minimum 2 years of professional experience in industry.
Background / experience:
- Contractual background - doesn't necessarily need to be in clinical research, but able to understand clinical contracts is important
- Previously seen people with experience in business administration, clinical research, business analysts that reviewed contractors, legal backgrounds - NOT looking for people with accounts payable background
- Previously worked in CRO or clinical sites
Systems use: Oracle, Clinical Management Repository (CMS), Invoice Payments (via Brainware) - training will be provided on all systems
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please email Eleni Farrell on firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.