A well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas is looking to hire a Lead Safety Data Scientist. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK.
Job Role Overview:
In this Lead Safety Data Scientist role you'll have the opportunity to build an industry leading capability, leading a team of data scientists to create and implement strategies for the capture, integration and exploitation of large-scale data sets across the preclinical and clinical safety domains.
Through the use of the latest advances in data science, analytics and artificial intelligence, you will aid in the identification of novel drug candidates with the best risk profiles ultimately leading to safer medicines for our patients. The data science team will focus on taking a 'Systems Biology' approach to 'Big Data' to research and further our understanding of preclinical to clinical translation as well as the chemical and biological mechanisms of adverse events connecting into initiatives such as our "2 million genomes" previously announced.
You'll use your computational skills for hypothesis generation, providing decision support to projects and to explain complex relationships within large scale data sets. Your ability to bridge the understanding of models and modelling across diverse disciplines is key.
- Drive the strategy and lead a team of data scientists for the analysis and mining of large data sets (Big Data)
- Work collaboratively with other data analytics groups and key stakeholders across the company
- Provide state-of-the-art data management and computational services to allow effective use of models by the business
- Drive the research, development and application of predictive models and tools, including artificial intelligence and Deep Learning approaches, appropriate for the different phases of drug discovery and development
- Contribute to departmental strategies for data management and data structures to better enable modelling and informatics
- Work closely with DSM scientists providing computational support, technical expertise and input to influence scientific, project and departmental decisions.
- Train and mentor iMED scientists in the use of models to aid projects progression and decision making
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MSc or PhD in a life science, computational biology, data science, informatics, statistics or other relevant field, with track record of impactful publications
- Track record of leading impactful delivery in data science projects and successful manager of people in a life science organization
- Experience with and knowledge of advanced machine learning and data mining technologies with applications in one of the following areas: predictive and statistical modeling, machine learning and text mining (e.g. R, scikit learn, Mahout, openCV etc)
- Demonstrated computational skills in a rapid prototyping platform (Python/Julia/Matlab etc)
- Experience of end-to-end software tool/solution development and lifecycle management
- Overview knowledge of computer hardware & software, including: databases, programming & scripting languages, hardware & software architecture, OTS tools (e.g. for data analysis & visualisation)
- Knowledge of software development in one or more high level language (e.g. C++)
- Experience with or knowledge of computational biology and bioinformatics
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.