This Vice President/Executive Medical Director job position has opened up at an international contract research organisation providing drug discovery, lifecycle management and laboratory services. With offices in over 45 countries and approximately 13,000 professionals, this company provide innovative ideas behind multiple sectors. This particular position can be based at most locations in the EMEA region (office based or home based) or in the US.
The Global Product Development group, a part of our client's medical organization, is comprised of experienced drug development professionals who provide medical, scientific and product development expertise to our clients, internal company clinical operations and business development teams. This VP/Executive Medical Director position delivers medical/scientific value to clients by providing therapeutic expertise and is key to the business performance of the company. The incumbent's track record of therapeutic expertise will be extensive and ensure recognition of the incumbent as a peer of their pharmaceutical industry equivalents.
The Oncology/Haematology role requires proven abilities to drive both strategic innovation and measurable business outcomes. The incumbent's track record of therapeutic expertise will be extensive and ensure recognition of the incumbent as a peer of their pharmaceutical industry equivalents. This position will play a key part in the future business success of the company as it seeks to continue its track record of successful growth and expand its Industry leading position
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring the highest possible quality of input into significant requests for proposals (RFPs)
- The incumbent is responsible for supporting outstanding input into other areas of the company's business activity
- The incumbent will provide a supporting role in Oncology/Haematology Therapeutic Area Strategic Team (TAST), a cross functional team charged with championing business development by creating focused solutions for client companies
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing therapeutic and developmental expertise to internal teams
Education and Experience:
- MD or equivalent with experience implementing therapeutic programs across one or more therapeutic areas and/or drug classes. Sub-specialty training or significant product development experience in Oncology/Haematology
- Significant experience contributing to product development team activities from early development through marketing application and/or launch to include 15+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Experience overseeing the design and execution of at least one full clinical program from first-time-in-human or proof of concept studies through submission of marketing application. Direct experience with the creation and implementation of full asset development including pre-clinical, clinical, regulatory, CMC and (if applicable) biomarker strategy development.
- Experience developing strategies to support first-time-in-human studies through marketing application
- Thorough understanding of core cross-functional concepts (e.g., preclinical, translational medicine, CMC) and major program requirements at different development stages
- Experience with KOL and investigator interactions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please send your CV to Yannick Dada on firstname.lastname@example.org or upload on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.