This is a new job opportunity at a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing cancer treatments. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Director, Clinical Science to join their expanding team in San Francisco. This is an exciting time to join this company who operate across the United States, Europe and other international markets and have an extensive pipeline of products under development.
- Under the direction and oversight of the VP, Clinical Development, design, oversee and/or execute, as needed and as appropriate, clinical deliverables in support of the clinical program objectives as defined and approved.
- Key clinical deliverables include document development (Study Concepts/Synopses, Protocols, ICFs, etc.), contribution to clinical sections of other key documents (Investigator Brochures, INDs, NDAs, Briefing Documents, abstracts, manuscripts, etc), and medical and scientific input into the development of deliverables required for study activation, conduct, and closure (CRFs, SAP, Data Listings, CSRs, etc.)
- Review, analyze, interpret and present clinical data both internally and externally.
- Represent a clinical study or development program on one or more teams or sub teams
- Contribute to and optimize an effective KOL and investigator communication strategy. Interact with investigators as warranted to obtain necessary information before, during and after the study. Organize and present at KOL advisory board and investigator meetings.
- Train/mentor colleagues, CRO and study site staff on the therapeutic area, molecule and clinical documents as appropriate.
- Working with other departments, create functional policies and procedures to provide strong and efficient clinical development processes that are appropriate for a matrixed environment.
- Duties and responsibilities are not limited to the work listed above and may include other assignments as necessary.
Skills & Requirements:
- Knowledge of applicable FDA Code of Federal Regulations, Good Clinical Practices, and clinical trials guidelines is required.
- Extensive clinical oncology experience; candidates with exceptional experience in other therapeutic area(s) would be considered if they demonstrated clear potential to apply their existing skills to oncology.
- A thorough understanding of the phases of clinical development. Familiarity with the drug approval process through NDA (or BLA) in US is required. Familiarity with ex-US drug approval process also preferred.
- Sufficient content expertise to be able to meaningfully contribute to document development and data review and interpretation under the direction and oversight of the VP, Clinical Development.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering projects on time, to budget, and with the required quality.
- Clinically related science degree (PhD, RPh, BSN-NP, PharmD, MPH, PA, MA/MS) preferred; other advanced degrees and/or relevant experience will also be considered.
- 10+ years clinical trial experience, including at least 7 years of industry experience.
- Office-based position. Able to travel to clinical sites, investigator and advisory board meetings, medical/scientific conferences, etc., as needed.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong on +16468786308 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.