Our client, a leading information technology company, is recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor to join the Research and Technology Development team in Cambridge, UK.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage laboratory and office consumable products, raising requisitions for replenishment where necessary.
- Ensure all materials are stored in accordance to documented temperature requirements and in correct inventory locations.
- Maintain chemical inventory adding items as they arrive prior to hand over to laboratory staff.
- Auditing and organising chemical storage locations.
- Control and manage laboratory waste streams ensuring waste is correctly documented prior to collection and disposal.
- Participate in HSE & Facilities safety equipment inspections.
- Run monthly lab inspections and implement corrective actions.
- Write and update PUWER assessments, Risk Assessments, and COSHH assessments.
- Run scheduled preventative maintenance on a number of chemistry tools, e.g. wafer polisher, spincoaters, GPC.
- Engage external contractors to maintain or fix equipment.
- Maintain booking systems for heavily used equipment.
- Formulation preparation following standard protocols (buffers, wash solutions)
Education and Experience:
- A highly organised person with an eye for detail who upholds safety and regulatory compliance within the laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline, with experience in chemical handling and instrumentation useful.
- An ability to manage multiple parallel activities, track progress, and provide a clear future schedule in a way which can be easily reported back to the manager and laboratory staff as a daily and weekly report.
- Maintain a laboratory plan and equipment list which captures dependencies, instrument needs, and user needs. Knowledge of 5S principles desirable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, how to handle cryogenic materials (solid CO 2 , liquid nitrogen).
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, how to handle compressed gases and cylinders (Argon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, CDA)
- Ability or willingness to act as a First Aider and Fire Warden.
- Ability to take on more challenging routine tasks which involve chemical or biochemical procedures, for example the preparation of sequencing flowcells, and running baseline sequencing runs.
- Knowledge on, or ability to learn, how to operate within a BSL2 environment.
- Understand the basic operation of tools under care, and be able to provide hands-on training.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on +44 203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.