A well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas are looking to hire a Senior Scientist of Immunotoxicology. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK.
The role resides within the Pathology Sciences Department, Drug safety and Metabolism in R&D. The role will report to the Immunotox Target Organ Expert in Pathology Sciences.
- May work on complex scientific issues and provide innovative solutions. May be responsible for training and developing others.
- Role will impact directly on delivery of in vitro and in vivo data required to assess the safety and promote the delivery of solutions to immunotox issues for small molecule and new modality platforms within DSM.
- Ensure timely delivery of high quality experimental data for all in-house studies and collaborations to enable effective decision making and successful regulatory submission and registration.
- Design and delivery of ex vivo/in vitro experimental data/development of experimental models to investigate immune issues
- Identify opportunities to improve research methods and utilise novel technology, and leads, or contributes to, initiatives to implement these.
- Responsible for investigating and helping the Target Organ Experts and technology experts in determining which processes and methodologies should be pursued, and contributes to this decision making process as a valued expert
- Ensures own work, and the work of others, is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate discipline (cell biology, molecular biology etc)
- Practical experience in the field of immunology/immunotoxicology a benefit
- Possess an understanding of the potential adverse reactions of the immune system and immune modulation.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of cell culture and cell-based assays systems utilising immortalised cell lines and primary tissues.
- Ability to develop novel in vitro and ex vivo assays to facilitate problem solving activities with regards to immune cells/processes.
- Able to work within a team environment, supporting colleagues, and also to work independently and take decisions when required.
- Ability to present findings through oral and written forms in a clear and precise manner.
- Knowledge and practical experience of flow cytometry and multiplex analysis would be an advantage but not essential.
- An understanding of immunology and/or toxicology biomarkers.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on +44 203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.