Our client, a growing CRO headquartered in Germany, is seeking a Head of Pharmacovigilance to join their team. The company focus on clinical trial management, medical writing and pharmacovigilance, and they employ hundreds across Europe, Asia and the Americas. This is a permanent position based in Frankfurt am Main.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Functionally responsible for the Pharmacovigilance Department including clinical trial and post-marketing PV, all operational and compliance aspects, budget planning, personnel development / training needs, processes and systems of the department, as well as profitability in terms of client acquisition (support of BD and proposal teams), percentage of billable hours of department; participation in and consultation on preparation and presentation of proposals
- Management of contracted services within the area of responsibility on a project basis regarding quality, timelines, costs etc., in alignment with the operational project management
- Managing interfaces and processes for cross-office and cross-continental collaboration within the area of responsibility of the department
- Medical project management, medical planning, medical review, scientific advice, teaching and medical writing according to SOPs
- Medicine Doctor
- Special degree (certificate) in a clinical specialty or other relevant field of medicine, and/or substantial practical experience in a clinical setting
- Regulatory procedures and pharmacovigilance / drug safety experience necessary, both during clinical trials and post-marketing
- Substantial practical experience in drug development desired excellent command of written and spoken English necessary
- Good command of written and spoken German required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Jon Stewart on +44 203 7520 318 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.