ProClinical is searching for a Drug Safety Business Analyst on behalf of our client, a global leading company that is dedicated to providing technology and consulting services. This is a contract role based in Princeton, New Jersey.
The function of this Drug Safety Business Analyst job is a bridge between the Business (Need) and the Technology (Solutions). The business need can be anything about overall business systems (model, process, method etc.) and solutions can be about efficient use of technology (architecture, tool, software application etc.). The Drug Safety BA is required to analyze, transform and ultimately resolve the business problems with the help of technology. The lead Drug Safety BA is an expert of the Drug Safety functional areas and processes.
- The BA analyzes the organization need, assesses and documents its processes and systems, and helps define the business model and its integration with technology.
- The BA leverages appropriate cross-functional expertise from a team of architects, operations managers, strategist, business experts and IT leadership to develop accurate cost, resource and time estimates for both initial development and ongoing support for a proposed solution.
- The BA is responsible for ensuring requirements, assumptions, dependencies, and risks for potential solutions to technical and business issues are assessed and documented appropriately, for both new and previously established systems.
- The BA is a key member of the R&D IT team, and is a focal point of customer engagement for initiatives as assigned by the lead from a particular domain of expertise.
- The BA activity focuses on working with customer groups to analyze business problems and elicitate business requirements.
- The focus of the analysis is on both business process requirements as well as information or data requirements.
- The main responsibility is to gather, detail, and document requirements in a way that is useful and meaningful to their business area experts and the technical team implementing the solution. The final outcome of this analysis may result in the selection or customization of a software package, the design or redesign of an existing system, or business process improvement or procedural changes.
- The Drug Safety Business Analyst interacts with and is accountable to the Project Manager who must ensure that the solution can feasibly be implemented within the expected budget and timelines.
- Within this Business Analyst role, they may also provide oversight and contribute to the Service/Support of systems for process they support.
There are five tiers of business analysis in which the Drug Safety BA will participate:
- Strategic planning: In collaboration and alignment with other Pharma functions like IT Operations, Enterprise Architectures and IT Business Partners, he/she will responsible for the identify of organization's business needs and having that documented.
- System owner: accountable for system delivery and to identify or approve opportunities for improvement and to resolve issues in current systems.
- Business model analysis: to define the organization's policies and technology approaches, and support delivery.
- Process design: to standardize the organization's workflows
- System analysis: to interpret business rules and requirements for technical systems and for the creation and update of the technical roadmap.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related study is required.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant IT/Business experience including project scoping, analysis and documentation of business and technical requirements is required.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry is essential. Specific experience in Drug Safety is crucial, with good business process skill and a high understanding of the technologies, tools and systems used throughout.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Christopher Frank on +1 267 405 6996 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.