This attractive Medical Information Specialist job is a great opportunity to join one of the pharma industry's biggest and most prestigious organisations. The company is located in Surrey, UK and has been working for over a 150 years across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, neurology and immunology.
The Medical Information Specialist (MIS) responsibilities include but are not limited to, researching and preparing responses for medical inquiries, as well as interfacing with and supporting Business Units Product/Therapeutic Team(s) and Global colleagues by providing medical information, and analysis of inquiry trends to support departmental and company objectives.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for MI on responsible product(s)
- Exhibits broad knowledge of assigned therapeutic area and a solid understanding of pertinent disease state(s)
- Aligns with Global counterparts to ensure an open exchange of product information, business intelligence and best practices and participates in cross-border projects
- Act as Regional Medical Information contact point for local issues (example, stock outs, local press releases) and medical communications (linking with Medical Scientific Relations (MSRs) to ensure aligned Medical communications)
- Creates and maintains MI documents by ensuring that responses are medically and scientifically accurate, timely, balanced, and meet customers' needs. Ensures the alignment of response documents to global/region/local labeling and licensing for all the countries we support
- Reviews and approves MI documents completed by others when appropriate
- Ensures that affiliated contact centers have the necessary training and resources to appropriately meet customer needs and expectations.
- Maintain a constant interaction with the contact centers for training, updating, and for supporting them in handling issues that might occur locally
- Together with the Brand and Medical Teams, facilitates the development and maintenance of formulary-related documents in support of improving access to managed care formularies and their distribution through the call centers
- Maintains compliance with corporate and departmental trainings, standard operating procedures, and implementation guidelines
- Provides an MI perspective on the development and revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WIs) and other procedural documents as necessary
Education and Experience:
- Life science graduate preferred. PharmD, BS in Pharmacy, or MD/DO strongly preferred. Degrees from other medical disciplines also considered
- Candidates with pertinent industry-related experience and/or post-graduate specialty/residency are desirable
- 1-3 years of medical information experience preferred
- Proficiency with computer and software applications