This is a great opportunity for a Pharmaceutical Procurement Manager to join a U.S global leader and specialist in sourcing, distribution, and management of comparator drugs and other pharmaceutical products and supplies for clinical trials.
With an emerging presence in the UK, this company holds clients across the globe and include the majority of the world's top 10 pharmaceutical companies, as well as biotech companies, CROs, and clinical trial packagers.
Responsible for managing all facets of procurement of commercial medications and related clinical supplies in EU and RoW. Position requires frequent communication with various management levels across many disciplines, countries and cultures. The candidate must be able to direct and control the work of other individuals through written and verbal communication.
As a leader of the Procurement team you'll be expected to:
- Manage a team of Procurement Specialists to meet product needs of our clients
- Establish a vendor strategy to improve the EU/RoW supply chain, ensuing integrity of supply and improvement of commercial terms
- Coordinate with internal customers to ensure appropriate drug is procured for the Client. Ensures that activities are performed in accordance with expectations, regulations, and quality standards
- Manage and troubleshoot the procurement of product for clients
- Interface with manufacturers and suppliers to resolve any procurement problems to ensure fast delivery of product for clients
- Ensure Operations is informed of all information needed to ensure timely and accurate pickup of products
- Provide logistics requirements to manufacturers and suppliers as needed as per direction from Operations or other departments
- Act as a liaison between manufacturers and suppliers and internal project managers
- Provide suggestions on how to improve procurement related processes to add value to the organisation
- Manage return of product and ensure credits are received in expected time frame
- Manage any recalled material to make sure it's returned to vendors or manufacturers and credits are received. Coordinate with QA and other departments to make sure all are properly updated
- Manage suppliers to ensure performance in line with company expectations and develop clear view of supplier capability in terms of product access
- Investigate potential new sources of supply including manufacturers and suppliers
Qualifications and Experince:
- University degree
- Minimum of 7 years Purchasing, Materials, Logistics experience preferred
- At least 2 years leading a team of Buyers/Procurement Specialists
- Experience in a regulated industry (i.e. Pharmaceutical, Medical Device) required, pharmaceutical preferred
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- Good numerical competence in order to analyse facts and figures
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Possess a passion for Continuous Improvement to drive cost reductions with the supply base
- Willing to adopt and consistently demonstrate core values
- Intermediate level skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and internet functions
- CIPS desired, not required
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Todd Wigmore on +44 203 7520 312 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.