Here is an opportunity to join a market-leading biotech organisation. With over 15 compounds in their pipeline (5 at Phase III), and three dossiers to be filed next year, they are now seeking a communicative and driven individual to join their Belgian affiliate.
As part of the Belgium & Luxembourg Leadership Team (and reporting directly into the BeLux Managing Director), you will define and implement the business strategy of the company's product portfolio, obtain / maintain the best economic conditions for the company, and provide best care support for patients.
- Generates local clinical and medico economic data and uses data provided by International/global and other affiliates in line with company strategy (and in compliance with codes of practices and regulations).
- Acts as the expert in Pricing & Reimbursement rules and procedures in Belgium & Luxembourg.
- Prepares the scientific and economic dossiers for submission, prepares pricing discussions, and meets stakeholders' needs.
- Proposes to the Managing Director the economic strategy and product portfolio local pricing policy in line with international politics.
- Develops the communication strategy on the medicoeconomic benefits of the products, maximizing the translation of the product profile (risk / benefit) in value proposition to the various stakeholders involved in the market access setting.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to anticipate the future payer environment, shape Market Access and broader business strategy, and mitigate asset, function, or enterprise risk.
- Negotiates drug prices with the Economic Committee for Health Products, develops relations with the authorities and opinion leaders.
- In close collaboration with best-in-class MAX consultants, owns the preparation, submission and monitoring of, medico economic and pricing dossiers for Belgium & Luxembourg. Leads transversal teams with local medical/marketing.
- The Head of Market Access follows the local regulations on prices, participates actively in industry associations working groups (PHARMA.BE - access TF).
- Collects the needs for Belgium and Luxemburg and leverage synergies within cluster or other EU+ affiliates with comparable MAX environment.
- The Market Access leader, in close collaboration with Managing Director will establish strong working relationships internally with Regional Government/Public Affairs heads, local partner functions (i.e. Commercial, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Compliance, etc.) and Market Access team in France.
- Engages organizational stakeholders to maximize influence and ensure effective and timely decision making and foster a culture that supports collaboration and integrates stakeholder perspectives.
- Builds and provides solutions to improve patient experience, patient pathways, deploys them on the field to leverage the achievements to external and internal stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- Essential to possess Bachelor's Degree (preferable to have Masters' Degree)
- Highly advantageous to have PhD level (or above) in health economics, epidemiology, PharmD
- Essential to be fluent in Dutch AND French AND English (written & oral).
- 10+ years of relevant pharma industry experience with expertise in Market Access
- Experience in health economics, patient access and pricing required
- Understanding of the healthcare system, pricing, access and reimbursement processes in Belgium & Luxembourg is required
- Advantageous to have track record of performance development talent and building high-performance teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple cross functional projects required
- Preferable to have experience in partnership liaison
- Essential to have experience in pharmaceutical product development, pricing and commercialization (may be concurrent with technical health outcomes and economics strategy experience) required.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Theo Rowley on +44 207 4400 679 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.