An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Medical Science Liaison to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in West London. A very patient-focused company, who scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
The successful candidate will be fully responsible for the execution of the regional Oncology medical plan in close collaboration with the German Oncology Medical Affairs function.
- The Medical Scientist (MS) presents and communicates scientific and clinical data for company products.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impacting presentations in a variety of different settings.
- Responds to clinical inquiries regarding marketed or developmental company products.
- Identifies and develops regional and national opinion leaders to support company products through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Travels to appointments, meetings and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and health care providers at academic and non-academic institutions.
- Assists with company phase 4 and ISR programs through collaboration with investigators and Clinical Operations.
- Assists with site selection for both phase 4 and other clinical trials.
- Assumes responsibility for regional Medical Education initiatives.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- Works collaboratively with other company functions, such as Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance and the international Medical Affairs organisation
Skills and Requirements:
- Typically requires a MS degree in a scientific discipline and relevant experience in a medically related function. Advanced degrees such as PharmD, MD, PhD preferred.
- Industry experience desirable.
- Prior experience in a Medical Affairs function and experience in Oncology preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate in English and to collaborate with international colleagues.
- Must be cognisant of regulatory requirements and the relevant code of conduct.
- Must be committed to continuing education to maintain knowledge base.
- Must have the ability to work as a member of several teams that may overlap such as national MS team, regional sales team, international Medical Affairs team.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations is required.
- Experience in the management or investigation of clinical trials is desirable.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthias Benn on +44 203 8234 365 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.