An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Business Analyst to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in West London. A very patient-focused company, who scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
The Business Analyst, Commercial is accountable for liaising with the company's stakeholders in order to solve organisational information problems and requirements by helping identifying business-enabling technology solutions that support the company's business capabilities and needs.
- Develop deep and broad Commercial and Marketing Operations business functional and domain knowledge to enable effective business analysis and requirements planning and enhance IT's business knowledge base.
- Develop Business Requirements with sufficient detail and clarity collaborating with business partners to ensure these are captured correctly with any process implications.
- Ensure effective consultation with Commercial and Marketing Ops. Business Partners in exploring and applying innovative outside-in solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges.
- Manage Requirements organisation, prioritisation and their life-cycle/trace-ability through technical solution delivery and transition to support and operations
- Use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project's scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Create standard business process models as well as conceptual prototypes and mock-ups when necessary
- Lead conference room pilots of potential solutions to elicit requirements
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
- Develop and sustain effective trusted advisor relationships and partnerships with key Commercial and Marketing Ops. Stakeholders including senior leaders and managers in order to provide relevant insights and advice about leveraging technology for business effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Work with Business Partners to understand their business needs and develop options and recommendations working closely with the development team.
- Integrate with effective delivery teams to ensure business requirements are assessed for feasibility and play back outcomes to Business Partners
- Use requirements to drive the design of business-enabling solutions
- Partner effectively with Solution Delivery IT leaders to identify potential shared platform solutions that can be leveraged for the Commercial and Marketing Ops. Organisations.
- Support resolution of production issues where business interactions are required between support/operations and the business.
- Support the business for operational needs and changes that need analysis prior to operations team being able to execute requests received.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5 years experience in a similar role, preferably within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry with demonstrated applied IT / Business knowledge in the Commercial and Marketing Ops. domain.
- BS/BA degree in IT, CS, Business Process Management or related discipline or equivalent number of years of work experience
- Experience specifically related to Cloud Applications, SFDC, Veeva CRM, Veeva Vault platforms is strongly desired
- Prior experience to working within a range of geographies/ countries to support business needs is desired.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and transition into production operations and maintenance.
- Ability to analyse complex business problems and evaluate solutions
- Ability to translate technical solutions to business terminology
- Ability to manage projects and resources is desirable
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project management skills
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit, fit-gap and pro/con analysis
- Business Process modelling techniques and methods
- Demonstrated relationship savvy in building effective trusted advisor relationships with business partners and IT alike using effective relationship-building, negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to details.
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results.
- High level of personal integrity consistent with the company's core values
- Resilient profile with the ability to perform in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
- Willingness to travel
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Courtney Russell on +44 203 8141 315 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.