ProClinical is seeking a Retail Scientific Advisor for a commercial scientific company, based in London on a contract basis. This Retail Scientific Advisor will have direct customer-facing responsibilities working the majority of your time in a retail environment either in a store, at a concession counter or at an event focused on driving clients and sales.
- Responsibility for taking customer swabs and confidently operating the 'POC' DNA test as well as the PCR lab based methodology when required for validation/QC purposes.
- To have scientific knowledge and understanding of the DNA testing process (both 'POC' and PCR lab based) to be able to explain it in detail if required to customers.
- To have strong understanding of the genetics and lifestyle factors behind our service and be able to confidently explain this to clients as part of our consultation.
- To answer technical and scientific questions that clients have around our skincare products including a deep understanding of the actives (and their mode of actions) used in our personalised products.
- Achievement of personal and retail sales targets and KPI's.
- Assisting the supervisor by updating daily, weekly and monthly reporting of sales, customer response and KPIs.
- Customer events: you will be required to work closely with your supervisor, and the marketing team to participate in and attend events, including speaking to guests about the company, as well as networking with other local organizations to build a targeted customer data base.
- Involvement in promotional customer sales activities including daily traffic stopping.
- Retail customer relationship management (CRM), including following company CRM protocols to ensure consistent, personalised and exceptional customer service throughout the customer journey. This will include regular customer phone calls, handwritten cards adhering to company guidelines, and emails.
- Customer service: to ensure that each customer leaves with a positive impression of the company and an exceptional customer experience, understanding the customers' expectations and educating where appropriate to explain the unique company service. Listen to and resolve customer concerns, complaints or requests and view it as an opportunity to exceed their expectations.
- Updating and maintaining the customer database to ensure this is an accurate on-going resource.
- With training, you will be responsible for using the company Shopify system, cash till and to be adept at following the company wrapping and packing procedures and protocols.
- Store and concession environment, visual merchandising and housekeeping: you will be responsible for maintaining the highest levels of VM and housekeeping in store, to ensure the store is clean, tidy and presents an exceptional customer environment at all times.
- You will be responsible for serving appropriate customer refreshments based on the company brand guidelines provided.
- Responsibility for maintenance and management of the lab based PCR methodology including ensuring enough supplies, validations of equipment etc.
- Conducting routine QC and validations of the POC DNA test to ensure accuracy (sensitivity and specificity) and reliability.
- Assist in setting up SOP around DNA analysis related processes
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Weronika Ficek on +44 203 7520 314 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.