ProClinical is seeking EBP sales specialists to join one of the world's largest global CROs. This contract research organisation provides support services to many of the biggest names in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices and health care, and has helped to commercialise many leading therapies. These positions will be based in Basel on a permanent basis. These EBP sales specialists will be responsible for selling the entire solution portfolio across R&D, Commercial, Technology, Data and Consulting, thereby fulfilling every client need across the product lifecycle. These individuals will need the seniority and gravitas to engage credibly at C-Suite level with EBP clients, navigating internally across the account and pulling together the optimal company expert teams as required. They will gather the required internal, external and competitive intelligence on their clients, develop a robust, systematic account strategy and drive superior execution to identify, drive and expand the business within their target EBP HQ clients across the entire company's solution portfolio.
In terms of the preferred profile for these EBP specialists, they should possess strong intellect and analytical acuity and with the ability to define, conceptualise and, ultimately, sell, the company's integrated solution portfolio. Critical will be the ability and agility to survive and indeed, thrive, with ambiguity and complexity.
There will be a need to work collaboratively across the combined organization and so a sophisticated approach to relationship building, both internal and external, will also be essential.
Certainly, the company needs to appoint individuals who can hit the ground running and, consequently, an established network within the markets of relevance will be required.
The appropriate drive and resilience will be reflected in a track record of transformative sales and business development contribution in past roles.
Skills and Requirements:
- Broad understanding of the global and regional challenges of life science companies in pricing, access, drug development and commercialization - in the context of our Business, Process and Technology-oriented questions.
- Ideally with a stronger R&D focus given most EBP organizations are working in the development space
- Understanding of the company's full offerings and capabilities with broad functional knowledge
- Ability to translate global strategies into actionable and realistic account-level engagement plans.
- Comfort working across the enterprise to develop interdisciplinary solutions for key accounts.
- Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills and so able to communicate the total company value proposition to a broad range of senior client stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and manage a team without direct line reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage complex negotiations.
- Track record of building strong and long-lasting strategic and trusted relationships with senior client stakeholders.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity while setting a clear vision unified around the client/account.
- Ability to go deep where necessary and self-awareness to know when to bring in the appropriate SME.
- Ability to creating/deliver proposals and closing sales opportunities under short timelines.
- Clear business acumen and creative problem-solving aptitude that can deliver on financial targets.
- Fluency / Mother tongue in English is essential; German a plus
- Home base in central Switzerland, Zurich or Basel region (or willingness to relocate to Switzerland)
- +10 years of experience working within the healthcare service, consulting and/or health technology industries; ideally with a focus in the R&D space
- +5-10 years in a sales leadership, account management, consultative selling or other client facing role.
- Experience in driving large and/or transformational deals within the industry.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Joseph Ikuta on +44 203 8261 331 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.