World AIDS Day is held on the 1st December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV and AIDS.
Here at ProClinical, we spend every day recruiting people who go on to do important work within life sciences, often being involved in life-saving clinical research to help treat and cure diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
Our mission to partner with our clients to help combat unmet medical need is important to everyone associated with ProClinical. That's why we've decided to fundraise this year in support of St Steven’s AIDS Trust – a medical charity dedicated to improving the lives of those affected by HIV/AIDS through clinical research and education.
ProClinical consultants in Europe, the United States and Singapore will all be participating in fundraising activities throughout the day while dressed in red – the colour of World AIDS Day ribbons. Even the ProClinical website will be switching from blue to red to mark the occasion!
ProClinical invites those who wish to donate to the charity, and help to support clinical research to improve the quality of life for people living with HIV, to do so through our JustGiving page.
St Steven's AIDS Trust: How your donation helps
Support for research
- funds PhDs
- bestows research grants
Support for patient care
- provides gold standard clinical monitoring of all patients enrolled in research
- offers all patients access to clinical trials
- performs many routine non-research blood and diagnostic tests
Supports education and training
- provides courses and clinical exchanges for UK and international doctors and healthcare workers
- provides free places on training courses held by St Stephen's AIDS Trust
- supports staff to attend conferences
- funds posters submissions for conferences
- supports clinical and education meetings
Support for Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- provides total or matched funding for capital development projects at C&W
- contributes and sponsors 80% of all research done by C&W
Thank you for your generosity!